Juvederm Voluma™ XC injectable gel is the first and only filler FDA approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. Patients over the age of 21 can get a subtle lift, restoring contour, making a more youthful profile for up to 2 years. It’s different than Juvederm® XC and works on a different area of the face.
Juvederm® XC effectively smooths out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth like parentheses. To add volume to the cheek area, patients will receive Juvederm Voluma™ XC, seeing results that will last six months or longer.
Q: How does Juvederm work?
When the skin contains an abundance of hyaluronic acid (HA), it will appear healthy-looking and young. As we age, sunlight and other factors reduce the amount of HA in our skin which cases skin to lose structure and volume, resulting in unwanted lines, wrinkles, and folds. A dermal filler like Juvederm is a safe and effective way to replace the HA your skin has lost, bringing back its volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds.
Q: What else should you know about Juvederm Voluma™ XC?
- It is the first and only HA filled that the FDA that will instantly add volume, resulting in a subtle lift to the cheek.
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment.
- Patients can resume normal activities after just 24 hours.
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects are temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
- Juvederm Voluma™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers.
Q: What areas are treated with Juvederm?
Juvederm is to be injected below the outer layer of the skin, for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Some examples include:
- Folds that run from the bottom of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Reduce the “Marionette lines,” the downturned creases in the corner of the mouth.
- Augment thin or aging lips.
Q: There are two different types of Juvederm:
Juvederm Ultra is thinner and more appropriate for fine wrinkles and folds in the skin. Juvederm Ultra Plus is appropriate for deep wrinkles, folds, and scars as it is made of a thicker consistency than Juvederm Ultra. Juvederm Ultra Plus provides more volume and dramatic results that will last longer.
Q: What is the average amount of Juvederm I will need per treatment?
This will vary from patient to patient, depending on the skin conditions. On average, most patients will receive 1 or 2 syringes of Juvederm per visit.
We offer free consultations. If you decide at the time of the consultation that you would like to go ahead with the services, then we can provide those at the same visit and do not charge for the consultation.