Treat facial wrinkles, unwanted sagging and much more with a facelift. This is a comprehensive method that can eliminate excess skin, tighten facial tissue as well as re-arrange how the skin fits the face. Facelift surgery varies from slightly invasive to very extensive and complex. Each year, thousands of facelift surgeries are completed leaving clients happy with great results.
Facelift Surgery Reduces Signs of Aging, Including:
- Sagging in any area of your face.
- Deep creases under the eyelids of along your nose.
- Loose skin near the jaw or under your chin.
- Marionette lines.
- Appearance of a double chin.
- Minor or major facial wrinkles.
- Helping you to look 10 to 15 years younger.
When to Consider Facelift Surgery:
- If you believe your face does not correctly reflect your inner spirit and energy.
- When you simply do not like what you see in the mirror.
- If you do not like how time, sun exposure, heredity and gravity have affected your face.
- When facial sagging, a double chin or other issues become a career or personal obstacle.
The Pros and Cons
Like any type of restorative surgery, there are both pros and cons to consider. For example, in just one surgery, many of your facial areas can be rejuvenated, helping you look years younger. Facelift surgery results can also last for upwards of ten years. On the other hand, there is a recovery period like any other type of surgery. Also, depending on your skin type and age, a secondary procedure may be required.
What is the Next Step?
Every facelift surgery procedure is different just like every client is different. If you wish to learn more about facelift surgery, please schedule a consultation with one of Juventus’ Board Certified Cosmetic Clinic surgeons. During your consultation we will be able to determine the best type of surgery depending on your facial features as well as your desired outcome.
Preparing for Facelift Surgery
You will be provided with detailed instructions from your surgeon directly prior to surgery. You will need to supply a detailed medical history as well as complete a physical exam. Medical clearance from your primary doctor may also be required depending on the extent of the procedure. When all exams have been satisfactorily completed, the surgery can be scheduled.
Before surgery and for the best results, you surgeon will ask that you stop smoking at least six weeks prior to surgery. Avoid blood thinning or anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamins or supplements. Hydrate your body for safer and faster recovery. Recovery timelines varies from client to client.
Post Surgery – Weeks One and Two
- Driving is prohibited for one week after surgery.
- The feeling of tightness around the neck is common.
- Avoid blood thinning or anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Sleep with your head elevated at at least forty degrees.
- Utilize a cool compress to your eyes, do not apply pressure or heat.
- Sit, stand and walk around as much as possible to decrease swelling.
- Try not to bend down or lift anything heavy for the first week after surgery.
- Avoid using any heated hair dryer.
- You can shower or take a bath 24 hours after surgery. Suture lines can get wet but you should not be in direct spray of water.
- Expect numbness around the face, beck and ear lobes.
- Do not swim, dive or water ski during the first month after surgery.
- Athletic activity should be avoided for one month post-surgery.
- Do not sleep flat or on your stomach.
- Do not wear any type of make up until the surgeon has said it is approved.
- Avoid direct exposure to sun as your face will be very vulnerable to sunburn or dark pigmentation.
If you experience any persistent bleeding after surgery that does not stop after 15 to 20 minutes, contact your Juventus’ Board Certified Cosmetic Clinic surgeon. After facelift surgery, you may experience red or raised scars during the first four to six weeks. Over time, these scars will soften. After the six-week post-surgery period, you may return to a fitness routine. It will take on average six months for your facelift to heal completely. Remember that it is crucial to see your doctor as scheduled during the months after facelift surgery.
The very first step is contacting a Juventus’ Board Certified Cosmetic Clinic surgeon. A comprehensive consultation will allow our team to discover what is unique to you and how we can help you reach your goals with facelift surgery. We will be able to go over your questions and concerns as well as the expected outcome of the procedure. While facelift surgery does not alter your fundamental appearance and it can’t stop life’s natural aging process, it can have a major impact on your face, attitude and overall happiness. Contact Juventus today for a consultation and to take the first step.