It is a good option to consider when you want a more youthful appearance, or when you feel like age, sun exposure and gravity have damaged your facial skin.
Considerations. Pros and Cons
-Many changes can be achieved in one surgery.
-The results can last several years
-Depending on the extension and complexity of the surgery, the downtime can be significant.
-You might need a second procedure to achieve the desired results.
What are my options?
Based on your facial characteristics and your goals, your surgeon will recommend the best procedure to achieve the desired results, and as there are several approaches to this surgery, it is vital to discuss everything with your surgeon in previous consultations.
Will I have Scars?
If the scars worry you, you must know that the ones left by this surgery are minimal, as the surgeon places the incision in hidden areas, where they can look like natural wrinkles. The healing process depends on the surgical technique used, and your follow up of the recommendations given by your doctor.
How do I prepare for a Facelift Surgery procedure?
Weeks before surgery, your doctor will give detailed information and instructions about what you should and shouldn’t do before and after the surgery, he or she will also perform physical exams to make sure you are in good condition and you are a perfect candidate to undergo the procedure.
Your surgeon may ask you to:
- Quit smoking several weeks before the surgery, so your wounds heal perfectly and don’t leave any visible scars.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications, aspirin, and any other medication that your surgeon tells you.
- Remember to always stay hydrated
- Follow very carefully all the postoperative instructions on how to change bandages, take medications and medical rest.
You might feel tightness around your neck during the first two days after surgery but that will go away the the doctor removes the dressing. It’s recommended that you sleep with your head elevated for at least two weeks, and you may not drive during the first week. You must not take any other medication apart from the ones indicated by your doctor.
Also, you must avoid bending, or lifting heavy objects as these actions can raise your blood pressure and increase swelling. It’s better if you stay up, sitting, standing and walking around as much as possible.
Other recommendations you need to keep in mind:
- You can shower the day after surgery, being extremely careful with the suture lines.
- You can’t participate in any athletic activity for at least one month.
- You may experience some numbness around your face and neck for several weeks.
- It’s better if you don’t wear any makeup until told.
- It will take some time to get the final look, on average, it could take up to six months.
Subscribe to Receive Our Clinic News and Special Offers
To find out more about our procedures and treatments, schedule an appointment or a free consultation with one of our surgeons and discuss all your options, simply complete the short contact form below or call us at (305) 262-3999 for immediate response.