Buttock Augmentation Surgery
Patients looking to reshape and enhance the look of their buttock should consider buttock augmentation surgery. This procedure provides an uplifted and attractive buttock profile. In the past ten years, this buttock augmentation surgery has often been seen as a symbol of femininity and sensuality.
Q: When to Consider Buttock Augmentation Surgery
- The buttock is too small for the body frame
- The buttock shape is too flat or square and the patient would like more curves and a more youthful appearance.
- When weight loss or the aging process has left buttocks loose, sagging, or flat.
Q: How is a Buttock Augmentation Surgery procedure performed?
There are two popular procedures for buttock augmentation surgery. Autologous, or Brazilian Butt Lift, which is the transfer of the patients own natural fatty tissue from other areas of the body and moves it into the buttock. The other procedure is a gluteal implant surgery offered with or without a fat transfer for more contouring. This is for patients who don’t have enough fat tissue to transfer. The silicone implant is placed through an incision and hidden in the natural buttock crease.
The surgeon will recommend an approach that is based on the patient’s personal conditions, body structure and desired results. If the patient wants a more rounded appearance, the implants are a better choice. An autologous implant is better to contour and reshape the buttocks.
Q: Preparing for Buttock Augmentation Surgery
The cosmetic surgeon at Juventus Clinic will provide preoperative instructions, answer any questions, discuss preferences, go over the patient’s medical history, and perform a physical exam to determine fitness for the buttock augmentation surgery.
The cosmetic surgeon will discuss the following pre-surgery procedure:
- Buttock augmentation surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis.
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before undergoing surgery to promote better healing.
- Stop taking any blood thinning, aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamins and minerals supplements and some herbal medications that could be responsible for increased bleeding.
- Regardless of the type of surgery to be performed, hydration is very important before and after surgery for a fast and safe recovery.
- Immediately after surgery, patients will wear special tight garment to keep the buttock area compressed. The doctor will tell you how long to wear this, usually for a few weeks.
Q: Recovery After Buttock Augmentation Surgery
Listening and following the surgeon’s instructions is crucial to having a fast and easy healing and recovery time. This includes wearing compression garments, taking any prescribed medications, and following the resting instructions. The surgeon will also provide detailed instructions about expected feelings and any unexpected signs of complications. The recovery time varies from one person to another. There is not a precise time for recovery of any individual patient.
On the first day after buttock augmentation surgery, patients are instructed to stay in bed with the compression garment on and to frequently move hands and feet in order to maintain a good circulation. Some patients may be able to get up and walk on the second post-surgery day. Patients should lie on their stomach or side to avoid pressure on the buttocks during the first three days. Expect some bruising and swelling in the buttock, abdominal or thigh area during recovery. This will begin to subside after a few days.